Tips to Living with Roommates
Living with roommates is not always easy but these simple tips can make it a little bit easier.
1. Make sure to communicate. If there is something that needs to be said then say it. Nothing will get accomplished and no changes can be made if you don't communicate with one another.
2. Discuss what food, if any, you want to share. It is important to set expectations on what you want to share and what you don't beforehand.
3. Exchange emergency information with each other. If something were to happen to you, who would your roommates call? What serious allergies or medical issues do you have?
4. Let your roommates know when you are having guests over. Whether it's your best friend, your boyfriend, or just your roommate, let them know you are having guests over so they can clean if they want to or so they have appropriate clothing on.
5. Respect everyone else's finances. This is so simple. Be responsible. Pay your portion and do it on time. Set a reminder in your phone or put it on your calendar if you have to.